Friday, May 6, 2011

{Mostly} Fun Friday Links

Here are a few little web gems I've found recently, mostly on my Google Reader feed.  Don't miss the last one, please.

From Whisker Graphics, a couple of sweet {free} downloads in case you are really behind on getting a card.  You can print on any paper or cardstock to fit your needs.  Links to the download can be found by clicking above.  I can see this as a lovely placard or a name card on a brunch table.  I love the pink stripes!  This company is the maker of the awesome Divine Twine.  It really does make the cutest wrapping for small gifts and especially baked goods.

Pink Stripe


Apostrophe Heart

********************************

A sweet friend in town, who stitches the most amazing felted confections through her business Ivey Handcrafted, is doing a sweet little raindrop for tornado relief in the TN Valley.  She can make it into a brooch or a barette (alligator clip or bobby pin, you pick) for you.  She is making these for $10 and all proceeds are going to the Chattanooga Area Red Cross.  See more on these on her post.  I've already bought two (one of each) to have on hand in my gift chest.



*************************************

This one isn't so fun but I implore you to watch it. It had me in tears.  All the footage and interviews are from the Tuscaloosa area.

SoLost: Chainsaw Samaritans from Oxford American

************************************



 


1 comment:

  1. I have LOVED that divine twine but had no idea where to get it, so I'm super glad you posted the link! I just ordered some! :)

    ReplyDelete