Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My First Mother's Day

I am sad to say that this is the only picture I have of Mitchell on my first Mother's Day.

No cute picture of him dressed up (which he was at several points), much less one with me holding or loving on him in any way.   Just a messy spaghetti face (although, notice the cute little blob in his eyelashes).

This kind of sums up the weekend - John was out of town from Thursday - Sunday night, and I wasn't feeling well for most of the time, so it wasn't always pretty, but we muddled through somehow! 

I had a tiny pity party over the fact that I'd be spending the whole weekend working so hard, solo (Mitchell really does require a good bit of mothering most of the time), but I really did enjoy my Mother's Day weekend with my babe*.   Here are some of the highlights:

Friday night after I got him down to bed, some of my girlfriends came over and we had lots of fun drinking fermented grapes and catching up.  It was nice to have some girl time, even though I stayed up too late and had to clean up from the "party" the next morning.

On Saturday morning, after I prepared Mitchell a delicious breakfast of banana - blueberry pancakes, we loaded up and went to Crabtree Farms to pick strawberries.  I'd gotten an e-mail that they were ripe, so I thought that would be a fun activity.  Mitchell watched while I picked, natch.  That lasted for all of 15 minutes, but I managed to pick 2 quarts of yummy berries for us to enjoy over the weekend. 


"Hey Momma, that row looks good"


Quality control


This was his first reaction - he'd never had a strawberry before and he always does this half-gag face when he tries something new.  After that he gobbled them up.


Wanting more.

Playing on the deck on Saturday afternoon with a neighbor (and school) friend.
Please note that the person that Mitchell is so lovingly nuzzled up against is not me.  Said friend's momma was feeding them treats, so he was clearly loving on her.  He's a simple child.  If you feed him, he will love you.

On Sunday, we went grocery shopping, went to the Chattanooga Market, and Mitchell ate spaghetti with gusto.  The end.


******************************
Just kidding, not quite the end.  *In fairness, I wanted to say that for Mother's Day John let me go and have some professional portraits done with MKM, so I really do have some cute pictures of us together from this time in his life.  And I fully intend to restage a Mother's Day photo shoot this coming weekend when John is home and can take some pics of me and the boy.  Gotta have something to put in his baby book (that I've not even purchased yet)!

No comments:

Post a Comment