Thursday, March 11, 2010

Cute T-shirt Vendor

This post was edited a bit from its original state after I re-read it and realized how many times I'd used the word "cute".  Clearly I need to take a page from sorority rush and refer to a list of adjectives before I hit the Publish Post button!

Hey friends,
Do you need to buy clothes for any kiddos?  They don't even have to be yours....

Check out this Etsy vendor that I found through one of my favorite blogs to stalk read, Fly Through Our Window.  This person advertises on Darby's site and she has posted pictures of the kids in the shirts on various occasions on the blog.  I always liked them, so I ordered one out of curiosity with regards to quality, appearance, etc.

We got our t-shirt about a month ago but as I'd ordered an 18 month size, I didn't really do anything with it at first since the weather has been frigid and I didn't think it would fit yet anyway.  Her website recommends ordering up a size, and since I wanted to get ours for the summertime anway, I thought it would be fine.

Well, the t-shirt itself really must run small, because I washed it recently with some other new things we had (did not dry it, thank goodness) and when I was folding it I compared it to some other shirts we have and realized that it was not that much bigger.  So I tried it on him and lo and behold, it fits him quite well right now.  The sleeves are a little baggy and it's a tiny bit long, but he's always had a little bit of a milk gut (makes me chuckle when it hangs over his diaper), so that extra room helps.  He looked precious in it the other day.  Now I just hope it will hold out to be worn for at least part of baseball season!


Sorry, no cute posed pictures where you can actually see him AND the shirt...if you know Mitchell you know thats's a virtual impossibility to get him to sit still if he's not feelin' it!



I rest my case.

But otherwise, I am, as the name suggests, smitten with this shirt.
She has some precious easter/spring ones, as well as great birthday ideas (cupcakes, numbers), monograms, lots of holiday options come Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas, and plenty of fun little icons that would be perfect throughout the year.  She has ruffled little girl dresses that would be so fun with leggings or tights.  Go check her out! 

Even though the shirt ran a little small for us, I do like the final results and I'll defintely order from her again!

2 comments:

  1. Cute shirt! And I love that blog as well! I looked at her list of sponsors the other day but didn't browse any of the sites, so I will have to check that one out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Etsy totally overwhelms me in general...I cannot just go and surf around and ever find anything I want. But, when someone tells me about a specific vendor I always like what they are selling! The short sleeve t-shirts are about $20. Not a steal, but fine now and then.

    ReplyDelete