Thursday, December 17, 2009

Rice Cereal Take 1

Mitchell's pediatrician recommended that we start him on rice cereal since he's not been sleeping well; she said it might help him get full and be able to sleep longer at night. 

We tried it for the first time last night.  I think the part he liked most was getting to sit up in his big boy seat.  We didn't get a high chair to save space; since we have an island we got one of the travel chairs that will hook onto a table or bar that we'll use instead.  His legs dangle and I think he liked being upright and somewhat free.  Don't worry, I was a neurotic mama and had a big blanket stuffed in behind him so he couldn't move around too much!


The cereal part was fine; about what I expected.  I have some video of it; if I can ever figure out how to upload it, I will!




1 comment:

  1. We tried rice cereal last week and I have been meaning to put a post up. Did it help M sleep? Of course it did not with Curran, but we'll get there one day I guess. Are you mixing it with breastmilk? That's what I've been doing, but my dr said we could try apple juice bc she doesn't seem to like it too much with the milk. I think she just doesn't know what to do with it once it's in her mouth. :)

    ReplyDelete