Friday, October 1, 2010

Wishlist: Cookbook Edition

First off, full disclosure: I am in a cookbook state of mind...I have been working on the fabulous new Junior League of Chattanooga cookbook (out in April 2011), and our committee got to sneak a peek at the cover art last week (gorgeous) so I've got cookbooks on the brain.  Sorry to bore those of you who don't share this obsession with me!

It's not really Christmas shopping season yet (I guess maybe it is for some of you overachiever types), but I've got a wishlist a mile long on Amazon, and just thought I'd share what foodie books I'm pining for lately...maybe you have someone in your life who's like me and would appreciate one of these beauties under her tree?


New Ina, out later this month...I want Ina's life (or at least her house), but since I don't see us moving to the Hamptons any time soon, I will just have to be satisfied with her newest tome.  I have Family Style (this is the cookbook that has my fave lasagna recipe) and Parties and have used them both extensively.  This is what Amazon says about her:
"Ina Garten is known for her uncomplicated but elegant recipes designed for the home cook whose priority is spending time with friends and family--not in the kitchen."  And I ask you, who doesn't want to live like that?

 
This isn't a cookbook, but it's a book about food, which I think counts.  Doesn't that title make you want to read it? If you know who Anthony Bourdain is, and what he's like, it does! I am a huge fan of his TV show, No Reservations, and his persona as a judge on Top Chef, and I love how adventurous he is with food, so clearly reading his "valentine" is a must for folks like me!

I need this one in my collection of famous Birmingham chefs' cookbooks.  Also, I'd like to go eat there very soon.  Who's with me?
New one from The Lee Brothers, the native Southern, NY transplants.  It's OK, I don't hold it against them, because their food is so good!
And last, but certainly not least, this gem:
Y'all, if I ever get to actually go to Blackberry Farm and stay, I will just die and go directly to heaven.  It is located here in East Tennessee, not far from where we live (less than 2 hours), but based on the price of the rooms (cheapest starts at right under $800/night), well, this gorgeous beauty is probably going to have to do me for many years.  I actually recently purchased this one for myself, from a Random House sale on One King's Lane (if you aren't a member and want to join, let me know and I'll send you an invitation) and it is supposed to arrive in a week or so, and I cannot wait.  The pictures are just gorgeous, the recipes are so inviting and well, I think this would just be an awesome gift for your momma, or your sister, or just a very special person in your life. 
In the immortal words of Mrs. Julia....Bon Appetit! 





No comments:

Post a Comment