Friday, July 2, 2010

Cousin Fun

Mitchell hadn't gotten to see much of his cousins lately, so I took him down for a quick visit last weekend.  I also wanted to visit my grandfather, who was in the hospital.  The kids had lots of fun playing together.  We kicked off the day with a hectic visit to the Homewood Farmer's Market to buy some produce for our dinner that evening and we all indulged in the yummy lemonade being peddled by Urban Cookhouse.  And I do mean all of us.  Mitchell attacked mine, and by the time we left he had it all down the front of his onesie.

The boys played together a little bit before lunch/naptime:

Reid kept asking to see the ones I was taking.  After I showed him this one he asked me "Who's that?"  Stinker!



I know I have already posted another angle of this one, but it just cracks me up.  They played with these plastic guards and beat them on the window for a good 10 minutes. 


Then Reid decided to use one of them to play a little guitar.  I love this picture for the on-the-go feel it has.  I also love how it illustrates kids' creativity.  The budding musician in our family, I think!

That evening, we gathered at the Kendrick's new house, which was lovely.  Thanks for hosting, guys!

Big kids do a lap in the wagon.


Wearing another precious hand-me-down of Reid's.  Here is a picture of him wearing it almost exactly 2 years ago:


Now, y'all please just act like I am not in these next pictures.  I had not done a thing to myself all day long, except shower.  You just don't get the same effect when you don't see his arm propped up on my chest, so I didn't totally crop myself out of the pictures.  This was AFTER I'd taken Mitchell out of his high chair.  He'd already eaten half a hamburger patty, blueberries, grilled zuchini and creamed corn.  However, I guess he was just really hungry, because I had him on my lap and he absolutely reached over and grabbed the other half of the patty and just went to town on it.  It was hilarious.




I gave him a taste of Cool Whip from the top of the 'nana pudding, but he didn't seem to keen on it.  Maybe he'll take after his Uncle Scooter, who doesn't eat the stuff.


Post dinner, we tried for a photo shoot of the kiddies.  There were lots of attempts. 
Some of the outtakes:






In the end, I think this one may be the winner.  Everyone is looking at the camera, and the two that you can reasonably expect to be smiling are (despite WRS's mouth being covered up by his high kick).  Clearly getting a good pitcure of all three of these monkeys continues to be a work in progress!


2 comments:

  1. Great pictures B! The cousin pic attempt never has a dull moment. Next time I vow to capture all of us goobers trying to get the kiddos looking and smiling at the same time, THAT would be an excellent photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pictures! You know, those cousins look like siblings!!! All three favor one another, it's really sweet! Hope you all are well and enjoying the last of summer! xo

    ReplyDelete