Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Uh-Oh

Uh-Oh is Mitchell's new favorite "word".  He just jabbers it over and over and over.  He says it when he is going to do something he knows he's not supposed to, but also just in general, so I don't know that he's quite figured out the context yet.  Sometimes he gets out of order and says "Oh Uh", which is also pretty cute.

Dixie is the other thing he can say pretty well.  It's not that distinct, but you can definitely make it out that it's what he's saying.  A friend was over at the house Sunday and Mitchell clearly said it and even she was able to know that's what he was trying to say.  It's probably becuase I yell/say her name at least 100 times a day.  It's no wonder that the dog's name would be one of his first words.  It's also very cute - if you ask him "Where's Dixie?", he'll start looking around until he finds her.  Adorable.

I need to try to get video of both of these things...but that's not really what this post is about.  Could  have fooled, ya, huh?

**********************

My "Uh Oh" moment came yesterday when I had a call from daycare "suggesting" that I come pick Mitchell up and take him to the doctor.  They told me he woke up from his nap with his eyes all crusted over and very puffy.  I was honestly really put out because I'm so slammed at work right now and I asked them if I needed to come get him or they just wanted me to be aware of the situation.  They quickly clarified that I needed to come get him.

When I got there, I saw why they wanted me to get him out of there:



And they told me that this was way better than it was when he first woke up.  They were clearly afraid it was pinkeye, and I cannot say I blame them.  The photo doesn't really do it justice, and this was after we'd left the doctor's office and were back at my office.  I had tried to wipe him up a little bit, but wasn't going to be able to get him really clean without a good wet washcloth.

Anyway, according to the doctor, his ear that was infected last week is still very angry looking, so she's already had the referral nurse call to schedule us an appointment with an ENT.  Looks like we may be getting tubes here pretty soon.  If it gets him some relief, I am all for it.  As I was pouring out what was left of the previous antibiotic and readying his dose of the new one we're supposed to start (hoping the 3rd time is a charm), I gave thanks for generics.  We have poured out a lot of medicine lately. :(

1 comment:

  1. Reid has had an infected ear turn into infected eyes a couple times. Their little E/N/T systems are so tiny that if one part gets stopped up, odds are the rest will follow. Boo for all the "uh oh" moments you have had lately. He's still probably the most adorable thing I've ever seen, even with eye boogers. Those lashes! Give him a squeeze for Aunt E.

    ReplyDelete