Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend - 2010

Mitchell's daycare was closed on Good Friday, but luckily so was my office so we got to spend an extra day together without me having to burn up a vacation day.  And what fun we had!  We rarely get to see Mitchell when he's in a good mood, since he resists taking a nap something fierce* (seriously, he wailed for almost an hour on Sunday afternoon, only to sleep for a mere 40 minutes after that) and by the time he gets home from daycare he's just plum tired and not very playful. We see this a lot:


I wish we could make more progress on the nap situation, but hardly expect the daycare to be able to make him "cry it out" during nap time.  Making him endure CIO on the weekends is fine, but I feel like he just falls back in his "I'm not tired" routine come Monday.  But I digress. * 

Anyway, we've also been through multiple rounds of colds/infections and he's been on antibiotics off and on since mid-February.  Not to mention that he now has 7 teeth, most of which have been very recent additions, so he's clearly been uncomfortable!  I wasn't aware of how bad he must have been feeling until I got to spend so much time around him this weekend and I was treated to the sweet, funny, playful child that I remembered but hadn't gotten to experience much of in the last 6 weeks or so!  He was seriously so much fun.  He is babbling up a storm and he just played so hard.  Here's a glimpse:


Playing on the deck on Friday afternoon



Favorite new toy - canister vacuum!



We took several walks, enjoyed the sunshine, opened up some "new" toys that we've had for a while but that I was saving up for some variety, all the while, babbling and cooing.  Truly music to our ears!

On Sunday John's mom came down for brunch (his dad wasn't feeling well so stayed home).  Mitchell enjoyed opening up his Easter baskets and then we took him to the park to swing.  John's mom has the pictures of all 3 of us on her camera, but here are some that we took on ours. 











What a glorious weekend! 

3 comments:

  1. He is so cute!! Miss you all and hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed M likes the vacuum! It scares Curran. I was vacuuming up something quickly last night while I was holding her and she was squeezing me so tight!

    I can't believe M has 7 teeth...no wonder he has been fussy. I have been having mouth pain/teeth issues for the last week and have a royal grump from it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the vacuum wasn't on, ML. He was just playing with it before I put it up.

    ReplyDelete