Thursday, March 11, 2010

Falling Down On The Job

So I haven't been cooking much lately that I can share on this blog.  The Junior League of Chattanooga is working on a new cookbook and I'm on the committee, so I've been testing lots of recipes of late, but I'm not really supposed to share them until we make some decisions on what will be in and what won't.  I've made some really good stuff, but have also have some dishes that I'd put squarely in the reject pile as well.  It's a daunting process (I'm actually on the committee that is responsible for all the text/non-recipe content of the book) but it's been fun so far and I can't wait until the finished product comes out about a year from now!

So, other than cooking lots of baby food, I've not got a lot of things to share.  BUT I do have a resource that I want to share.  Our local health food/grocery store has started a new menu planning series called Shopping with Charlotte.  They have an actual cooking session each week that goes through the recipes but it's during my work day so I don't go.  Luckily they have copies of the recipes and shopping list at the store and online, and all throughout the store they have labels with the items that are on the shopping list for the week. 

I've picked up the recipes for the last couple of weeks and there have been some really good ones.  I found the lists posted online so I thought I'd share them for those of you who aren't in my town but might be interested in another resource for easy, quick, nutritious meals.  Based on the source, I thought they might be a little too out there, but so far there hasn't been any tempeh, tofu, wheatgrass, etc!  I like that there are 6 dishes, so about enough for a week given some leftovers, eating out, etc., and nothing is extraordinarily expensive or exotic.

So go check it out if you're interested! 
Greenlife Grocery - Shopping With Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment