Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Big 6-Mo

Haha, get it, 6-mo?  Crickets, I'm sure.

Mitchell is 6 months old today, that's what I'm getting at.  We actually had his 6 month appointment today, and he weighed 18 lbs, 4 oz and was 27 1/4 inches.  He's tapering way off, considering those stats put him in the 60th and 75th percentile, respectively.  We started out above 90 for both, so I guess it's true what they say about those breastfed babies - they get big quickly and then slow way down!  I need to take a picture of his little belly hanging over his diaper though - you wouldn't know it from looking at him that he seems to be evening out in that department!

The only thing that has slowed down is his growth...he's a little speedster in every other way.  He's sitting totally up by himself, has finally mastered the art of the actual crawl (but has been maneuvering around for quite a while), as well as the army crawl and he loves to pull up on us now as well.  It's the cutest thing in the world - if you sit down on the floor and hold out your index fingers, he will light up, then crawl over, grab on and pull up with the absolute proudest look on his face.  Of course I have no picture evidence of this yet, but we'll get there.

He's also making so many new noises that its hard to even catalog them.  He has sweet little morning noises that he makes when he first wakes up, his loud play noises, his happy noises, his mad noises, it's so fun seeing his personality emerge. 

He loves drinking from a cup, so we've broken out the sippies lately to give him some independence.  John usually brings me a big mug or cup of water upstairs to Mitchell's room when I'm feeding him so I can get something to drink if I need it, but we're about to have to cut that out becuase M zeros in on the cup and he literally cannot focus on anything else (like eating).  I always let him have a few "sips" out of my cup but then I end up pouring the rest out becuase he gets so much drool in it.  I'm sure one of these days I won't care, but he's been sick a good bit lately and I am trying not to pass things around any more than we already do!

I know everyone just wants to see pictures, so here are some recents:

I posted this one on FB, but I couldn't resist.  The more I look at it the more I think it's maybe my favorite one I've ever taken of him...


Sippy, and another haircut (bang trim is all we could manage)


If you peek closely you can see his two teeth.  He's currently being tortured by at least two more working their way out!


He's started discovering how fun throwing things on the floor can be. I can assure you that all of the items seen here were just picked up and were all about to be flung down again. But when he looks so cute doing it, how can you get mad?


And I took this one this morning, for his birthday.  Sorry, can you tell I'm obsessed with this onesie?  I just think he looks so cute in red.  He wears it every time it is clean.  Happy Valentines, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment