Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas Round 2

It occurs to me that I'd better get this down before I forget everything.  We returned home from Birmingham on Christmas night, and one of the first things we did was give M a haircut.  His hair had gotten to the point of hanging all in his eyes, over his ears, and was quickly approaching mulletesque lengths in the back (this is what bothered John the most).  Here are some before, during, and afters:




Back shot (plus you can catch a glimpse of his cute back dimples)




At its shaggiest, on Christmas Day, with my dad

Mitchell tolerated the haircut reasonably well, but he is such a squirmy baby and I was super nervous about cutting it, especially the front.  In the end I did the sides and back that night and then did the bangs the next morning, when he was a bit more rested and in a better mood.




We put him in his seat and gave him some things to play with to distract him.  He still ended up with hair all over himself because he wouldn't sit still!




Here is an after; the bangs were not even close to being even; I just basically ended up whacking some off in three or four quick cuts.  He looked so different to me at first, and I think it made him look older.  I guess I've gotten used to it but the other day at day care one of the moms whose child didn't come the week between Christmas and New Years saw him and exclaimed that I'd cut his hair.  I guess everyone else had noticed how shaggy he was looking too!

********************************************

The day after Christmas we repacked and headed north to Knoxville to celebrate with John's parents.  Mitchell was great the whole time, slept well in the pack and play and just delighted his Gramma and Grampa in general.  They loved getting to see all his new tricks (more on that next post) and he got lots of love from both of them.  As in Birmingham, Mitchell received lots of wonderful things from John's side of the family.  My task this weekend is to pick out the most suitable toys and books for now and then pack some of the others that will be better for when he's older away!

Here are some shots from our time in Knoxville:



Kris had a pillow with Rudolph on it, and its nose lit up, and Mitchell loved watching it.  And Kris loved watching Mitchell!



Tooth #2 was on its way in, so Mitchell had his hands (or someone elses') in his mouth most of the time.



Fat and happy (just like the rest of us), at the end of a great Christmas weekend!

1 comment:

  1. love that little "lurch!" so sweet brooke! please add me to your blog list
    reevesthompson@gmail.com

    again, so good to see you!!
    love ya

    ReplyDelete