Monday, November 30, 2009

Poor Lil' Thing

M has had a rough go of it lately.  He's had a cold for the better part of November, and to make matters worse his daddy had it for a while and now I'm suffering through one as well, so I think we keep passing it around.  We're trying to do what we can to clear everyone's sniffles up, but I expect M will keep his cold for a while thanks to daycare.  Just nothing much to do about it.

Thanksgiving was hard on our little man.  He got to meet some new family in Knoxville, which was fun, but between that trip and our visit to my family in Birmingham, all in all we were in the car 4 out of 5 days and I think he just got out of sorts.  I think he may also be going through a growth spurt (hard to believe, since we estimate he's about 18 pounds now), and hasn't been sleeping much at night.  When you factor in his general lack of daytime napping, we're dealing with somewhat of a fussy fellow these days.  Hopefully his little system will get regulated again soon.

For now, this is the sight we see most often; runny nose, face covered in slobber, hands in his mouth.  It's very appropriate that he's wearing his cousin Reid's onesie that says "Drool is Cool".


********************************************************************
I certainly don't want to make this a totally negative, downer post, so here's a quick recap of some of the fun things that the boy has been up to lately:
  • he always has his toes curled under and since he's found his feet, they make for the best little handles for him to grab onto and roll around on the floor...
  • and when he's rolling around he is very likely to topple over onto his left side, which makes him very happy.  He'll lay like that sometimes for 20 minutes and just suck his thumb/fingers/hands (he's not very picky these days, any digit will do)...
  • and from his side, lately he likes to keep on going all the way over to his tummy.  He used to hate tummy time, but now that he can get there by himself he seems thrilled to be there!
  • his newest noise sounds a bit like a long sustained "wheeee" or "woooooo" and it's so cute.  He makes tons of noises and I just love getting him up in the morning because he alwasy seems to have so much to say. 
  • he really likes grabbing whatever I put in front of him and the other day I swear he was trying to scoot over and get something he couldn't quite reach.  I told John last night that I think we're going to have a mover on our hands well before we're really ready for it!
  • he loves the jumper seat and has a ball in the exersaucers they have at his daycare.  He played in the one at Mike & Spot's house over the weekend, and loved it.  He has always loved standing up in your lap, so the new feeling of independence I'm sure he feels from those activities are fun to watch.

Here are a couple other recent pics.  He's had his picture taken a lot lately, but not many are on my camera so I'll post some more here and on our photo site when I get copies of them from family and friends. 

2 comments:

  1. I hate that yall have all been sick. No fun. All that traveling is hard on the babies...Curran barely slept when we were in Memphis (and therefore, neither did I). I hope yall get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. He seems to be getting back to normal now sleeipng-wise. John and I talked on the way home on Sunday about asking John's parents to come her for Christmas this year so we don't have to do the same thing all over again. Hopefully they will agree to it!

    ReplyDelete