Monday, June 22, 2009

Virgin Voyage

I'm going to try out the blogging thing. I've been contemplating it for a while, but have never felt like what little I might want to say would be of any interest to anyone out there on the internet! However, since we'll have a new baby in a matter of weeks (eek), I figure this might be a nice way to share news and little details of our everyday life with our family, all of whom live out of town, and the smattering of friends who might care to peek into our lives as well. So I'm going to go ahead and start now so maybe I can get some practice!

I contemplated names for this blog and tried to come up with some witty phrase for the title. I settled on the not-particularly witty "On the Balance" title because I think that's what I might end up blogging about most often. I hope that perhaps this can be a vehicle for me to vent about my frustrations, find humor in those little moments that might otherwise reduce me to tears, theorize about how I might do it better the next time, and certainly share in celebrating the small victories that are sometimes the only way we make it through the day. I will also try to keep a balance of the content, so this blog won't be ALL about my child! I'm sure a lot of it will be, but I plan on trying to keep our family photo site up to date as well.

Hope you'll come along for the ride!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I love the title - and completely understand the impulse to write it out. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Can't wait to follow along as you begin this fabulous journey of parenthood..Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you on here!!! I think you are gonna love it! Great way to keep up!

    ReplyDelete